TP-Link CPE210 v2 - Gluon Support

Malzeit habe heute den CPE 210 V2 Ausgeliefert bekommen da die anderen nicht mehr ausgeliefert werden. Nun ist jeodch die Frage gibt es in der Community bereits eine Firmeware dafür ? :slight_smile: Wäre Super wenn es bereits eine geben würde.

Wenn ich mich richtig entsinne gehörst du zu Mülheim adR? Dann wünscht du einen Support in Gluon?

Dieser ist derzeit noch nicht vorhanden, siehe:

Am schnellsten geht es wenn du das Gerät einem Entwickler zur Verfügung stellst, wende dich dafür an den Gluon Chat.
https://webirc.hackint.org/#gluon

1 „Gefällt mir“

Richtig mir würde zum testen auch eine andere Firmeware genügen. Wenn es gehen würde

Wie gesagt, gibt es nicht wende dich an die Entwickler!

Um es nochmal klar zu sagen: Es gibt derzeit nirgends Gluon-Support dafür (auch nicht experimentell), in keiner Community.

Und die Leute, die das leisten könnten haben kein solches Gerät.
Da wird man ggf. über eine Hardwarespende nachdenken müssen.

(Da die Begeisterung für die v1.0/v1.1 in den letzten Monaten wegen diverser LNA-Probleme(?) deutlich geschrumpft ist -um es mal so freundlich zu umschreiben- und auch wegen anzunehmender Fertigungstoleranzen gerade bei diesen Geräten, wird es vermutlich lange brauchen, bis sich Enthusiasten finden, die dort Zeit und Geld investieren wollen. Zumal in den meisten Communities oft mehrerere oder gar ein Dutzend demontierte Altgeräte in den Schränken liegen, wo jetzt stattdessen LocoM2 aufgehängt wurden. Eventuell kannst Du da günstig was gebraucht erwerben und das neue v2-Gerät noch irgendwie anderweitig loswerden.)

3 „Gefällt mir“

Ich habe ein Problem bin bei freifunk Stuttgart und habe einen Cpe210 v2
Zum Download gibt es aber nur die Version 1.1 was kann ich tun

Zunächst einmal nicht bestehende Beiträge zu anderen Themen für diese Fragestellung nutzen.

Das Thema CPE210 v2 wurde in einem anderen Beitrag bereits behandelt.

Bitte benutze zukünftig die Forensuche oder eröffne einen neuen Beitrag.

Dieser Beitrag wird im Anschluss verschoben.

Derzeit wird die v2 nicht unterstützt. Ich empfehle einen Umtausch gegen v1.

1 „Gefällt mir“

Has anybody made some progress?
I am currently trying to get LEDE working on V2.
So far I got it to accept firmware over WEB UI or TFTP.
But big issue now is that serial stops working after LEDE kernel is loaded.
Manually setting it in u-boot does not help.

My code is currently here:https://github.com/robimarko/source/tree/CPE-210v2

3 „Gefällt mir“

Everything is pretty much ready(In theory) but I cant get serial to work.
As soon as kernel is starting there is no more output.

Anyone willing to help?

no more output at all or just garbled?

can to go the the rescue console? Perhapt the kernel has to be started with some parameter to use the serial console (or set a baudrate at all)

1 „Gefällt mir“

Cool, that you’re working on this!

The developers of Gluon aren’t too active in this forum. Maybe you might ask in #gluon on hackint.org.

No more output at all.
Here you can see bootlog after flashing

It would be good idea to check if failsafe is working.
I dont know of any other rescue console built in LEDE kernel.

If I manually load kernel over TFTP and boot it serial works fine until I can see that log states that ttyS0 is enabled.
Then it gets garbled,I have also then tested 250k baud rate but that one is garbled also

Good idea,I will see if someone can help there

Even though v2 is fairly new, v3 of the CPE210 is coming in the not too distant future: https://fccid.io/TE7CPE210V3

Yes, it has been on TP-Link website since V2 came out.
And of course that they would not return POE passthrough.
Good news is that V3 looks to be HW wise exactly the same as V2.
RAM and SoC are the same, it looks like they had RF issues so SoC is now also shielded with a can.

The bad news is that we don’t have LEDE support for V2.

If you have tftp and serial access to uboot, i would try to boot a kernel via tftp.
Only the kernel and ramdisk, no flashing.
Then you can iterate over the settings and config until serial works.
Did a generic kernel for this flash have a serial output?
Did you check via md in uboot if the kernel is at the right location in flash?
Edit:
Ohh, and nice work building the support, huge thanks for your effort! :slight_smile:

You can see a couple of posts earlier that I have tried loading kernel over TFTP and serial works until you can see that ttyS0 is enabled in the log.
Then it gets garbled.
I can’t check until I have serial access in kernel

Ah, interesting, bootlog for that would be nice too!
Totally overread that.
Did you try to give a different boot commandline via uboot?
Uboot should have a command to show memory, you can dump the ram-mapped flash there.
How does the cpe v2 compare to the v1, hardwarewise? I see that the v1 needs to disable jtag?
Otherwise, i’m out of ideas, might want to ask in #lede-dev on freenode. Or neo in #gluon.

I did not save bootlog from that,will give it another go today.
I used following to load kernel over tftp.
setenv bootargs ‚console=ttyS0,115200‘
tftpboot 0x84000000 lede-ar71xx-generic-cpe210-v2-initramfs-kernel.bin
bootm 0x84000000

V2 uses QCA9533-BL3A instead of AR9344.
I have not seen another QCA953X device that needs JTAG disabled.
That should be AR9344 specific.

Ok, did you try without the bootargs then? For me i just did tftp and then bootm, with the default environment from uboot. Works most times. Serial if its broken is always a pita…
Thanks for the jtag clarification :slight_smile: